sway (and a libinput error message)

John Kennedy warlock at phouka.net
Thu Oct 10 16:24:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 04:29:59PM +0200, Jan Beich wrote:
> Adam Weinberger <adamw at adamw.org> writes:
>
> > Wow. Ok.
> >
> > So now that it???s Cc???ed to a list, can you help publicly?
>
> Do you have /dev/input/* ?  If not enable EVDEV_SUPPORT in kernel. Does
> the user have read/write permissions to those? If not adjust devfs.rules.
>
> If you're on FreeBSD 11.* or 12.0 you maybe missing out on some evdev fixes.
> I've only run Sway on -CURRENT.

  On 12.1b3, I've got a /dev/input/*, and if they're not chmodded correctly
you'll get that error.  I didn't start chasing wayland/sway again until I
saw some more recent chatter on the list, so not sure when that kicked in
(I might have moved from 12.0.x to 12-stable in prep for 12.1, for example).

  Like others, I've gone with the 0660-group-video, since that is what
drm-kmod had already had me set up, but you can kludge-test with 666 (it'll
go away after a reboot).