Xorg with evdev input devices

Greg V greg at unrelenting.technology
Sun Oct 6 01:42:06 UTC 2019

On October 5, 2019 8:36:24 PM GMT+03:00, Vasily Postnicov <shamaz.mazum at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello again, Greg. I have some more time to play with Wayland. I'm
>trying
>to resolve permission errors when accessing /dev/input/event* using
>consolekit2.

>vasily at vonbraun:~ % sway
>2019-10-05 19:44:54 - [backend/drm/legacy.c:15] HDMI-A-2: Failed to set
>CRTC: Permission denied
>
>UPD: Using truss I've found what ioctl DRM_IOCTL_MODE_SETCRTC fails [...]
>I don't know what DRM_MASTER is and if it is safe to remove it

You probably didn't set everything up correctly.

It is not safe to remove checks for DRM_MASTER. The master is the application that controls the displays – i.e. your compositor. Regular applications should not be allowed to execute the same calls.

Are you sure sway is using CK2? I think there's a verbose flag to sway that shows a lot more info. Did you actually install wlroots with the consolekit option?

You can use dbus-monitor --system to inspect dbus messages, if you don't see CK requests from sway, it's just not trying to use it.

wlroots likes to just silently try the next available backend, so if it can't do CK, it goes to try direct.