Xwayland under sway invisible running x11 apps.

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 2 19:36:16 UTC 2019

Jesper Schmitz Mouridsen <jsm at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> Running sway, which starts XWayland enables me to start X11 apps..
>
> I can see the apps runinng with xwininfo.
>
> However X11 apps are not rendered visible on the monitor.

Does forcing DRI3 via "export LIBGL_DRI3_ENABLE=1" or building
graphics/mesa-{libs,dri} with CFLAGS+=-D__DRM_NEXT__ help?

Xwayland needs DRI3 but FreeBSD disables it as a kludge for drm-legacy-kmod:
  graphics/mesa-dri/files/patch-src_glx_glxext.c
  graphics/mesa-dri/files/patch-src_egl_drivers_dri2_platform__x11.c