VirtualBox Extensions Pack (for USB and Video)

Johannes Lundberg johalun0 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:40:19 UTC 2019

On 5/7/19 7:26 AM, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:
> On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 4:11 PM Johannes Lundberg <johalun0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> The problem is inside VBOX, that the USB APIs only support USB 1.x and
>>> not in FreeBSD from what I understand last time I checked.
>>> --HPS
>> Maybe bhyve is an option? I have completely replaced virtualbox with
>> bhyve for my vms and loving it but I haven't tested it with usb yet.
> Hmm, thanks Johannes for that hint.. can you run Windoze (yuck), Linux
> and other stuff as full hypervisor or does this work more like
> separated dedicated FreeBSD Jail?

I haven't tried Windows but it's supposed to work. I'm running Ubuntu
successfully with graphical desktop in bhyve. It uses VNC for the
graphical interface so it's not the best experience but it's usable if
you don't have too high requirements. Mostly my VMs are headless.

Check https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html

For managing my VMs I like this one https://github.com/churchers/vm-bhyve