DRM removal soon

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 3 21:36:18 UTC 2019

On 2/28/19 11:15 PM, Justin Hibbits wrote:

> tl;dr: More than i386 is impacted by drm-legacy-kmod, and I'm sure
> everybody wants to get off the legacy kmod to ease the load on the
> graphics team, but it will take work by the interested parties to make
> this happen.

[Picking a mail in the thread]

Hi!
There is currently no plans to deprecate and remove drm-legacy-kmod.
While most of our efforts go to the new drm drivers, we try our best to
keep drm-legacy-kmod running.

As always, this is a volunteer effort, with less resources than desired,
so patches and help to improve drm-legacy-kmod are most welocme.

Regards
--
Niclas Zeising
FreeBSD Graphics Team