Mesa compiler specification

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 20:21:00 UTC 2019

I am happy to see mesa-18.3.2 has made it to ports. Thanks, Jan.

I do have one question/request... Can the mesa ports be updated to allow
compilation with either llvm60 or llvm70? I have been compiling with llvm70
fora few weeks with no problems. It both compiles and runs fine. It was the
only remaining port on my system requiring llvm60 and I suspect that I am
not alone in this.

The way the port is written, using a hard version number in
Makefile.common, there is no easy way to pick either 60 or 70. I had to do
an edit (one character) to switch. I am not in any way a ports or Makefile
expert, but could this be changed to use something like
COMPILER_VERSION=70 and ALT_COMPILER_VERSION=60 or something similar to
allow llvm60 to be used when it has been installed and llvm70 has not?
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com