Sway Working on 12.0?

Johannes Lundberg johalun0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:37:31 UTC 2019

On 1/12/19 11:48 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
> hi there,
> i've been trying to get the sway pkg working on my 12.0-RELEASE system
> and am kind of stuck.  i was wondering if anyone else has it working
> on their end.  i am able to start sway, my mouse works, but i am
> unable to get keyboard input working.
>
> the sway docs seem to be classic linux docs, i.e. incomplete and
> misleading.  my current setup to run sway looks like this (setting
> things manually until i've got a working config, then will update our
> wiki and set things up properlly)
>

> export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/sway"
> mkdir $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
> chmod 770 $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
> sudo chmod g+rw /dev/input/*
> sway -V -c $HOME/.config/sway/config >./tmp/sway-output 2>&1
>

> according to the log output it looks like sway is detecting my
> keyboard device via libinput, and the fact that i have a working mouse
> is kind of confusing to me.  so any pointers would be really appreciated!

Hi

This is what I have (since wlc era, haven't tried with wlroots backend)

if ( ! $?XDG_RUNTIME_DIR ) then
     setenv XDG_RUNTIME_DIR /tmp/${uid}-runtime-dir
     if ( ! -d "$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR" ) then
         mkdir "$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
         chmod 0700 "$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR"
     endif
endif

# XKB For Sway:
setenv XKB_DEFAULT_RULES   evdev
setenv XKB_DEFAULT_LAYOUT  us,us
setenv XKB_DEFAULT_OPTIONS caps:ctrl_modifier,shift:both_capslock_cancel