Sway Working on 12.0?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Sat Jan 12 23:54:52 UTC 2019

hi there,
i've been trying to get the sway pkg working on my 12.0-RELEASE system
and am kind of stuck.  i was wondering if anyone else has it working on
their end.  i am able to start sway, my mouse works, but i am unable to
get keyboard input working.

the sway docs seem to be classic linux docs, i.e. incomplete and
misleading.  my current setup to run sway looks like this (setting
things manually until i've got a working config, then will update our
wiki and set things up properlly)

export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/tmp/sway"
mkdir $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
chmod 770 $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
sudo chmod g+rw /dev/input/*
sway -V -c $HOME/.config/sway/config >./tmp/sway-output 2>&1

according to the log output it looks like sway is detecting my keyboard
device via libinput, and the fact that i have a working mouse is kind of
confusing to me.  so any pointers would be really appreciated!

cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright