[SOLVED] Re: Radeon HD 4250: screen going blank every few seconds

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sat Jan 5 12:40:56 UTC 2019

On 12/31/18 6:34 PM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> So I removed all kmods ports and switched to xf86-video-ati-legacy: so
> far so good, but then again it also seemed good before...
> Time will tell if this is it.
>
> In case, I'll try tijl's patch, moving to standard X.Org version, etc...

I've been running xf86-video-ati-legacy for a few days and everything is
perfect!

I'm just wondering why HD4200 worked with both the legacy and non-legacy
version, while HD4250 only works with the legacy driver.
In any case, I'm happy with the current situation.
I hope the legacy driver will survive more than enough.

  bye & Thanks to all
	Andrea Venturoli