Synaptics on Panasonic Touchbook CF-C2

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 08:36:18 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019, 00:56 Tomasz CEDRO <tomek at cedro.info wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 12:39 AM Polytropon wrote:
> > I think using /dev/sysmouse without moused running is the way to go.
> > In general, moused should not be used.
>
> Okay, so the moused is the "old way"..
>
> > If I remember correctly, mouse input in X is managed independently
> > from mouse in console mode, so you should probably concentrate on
> > X and the corresponding configuration file fragments that nowadays
> > reside in the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory.
>
> Will try with these.. and play with libinput.. thanks :-)
>
> The worst thing is that one time it was working correctly.. no clue why ;-)
>
> --

 Hello,

On 12 there should be evdev support. It is however not in fort yet, so one
needs a small patch to the port Makefile.

Then you also need to add kern.evdev.rcpt_mask="12" to sysctl.conf

You also need to compile libepoll-shim from ports to get the
20181229-version (was not available as a package last time I checked ).

The above with he.psm.synaptics_support=1 and no moused (and hopefully no
extra conf for xorg ) should get you trackpad support.

Look at Xorg.0.log after doing the above and see how it detects and handles
your trackpad.

Best regards
Andreas