AMDGPU RX580 OpenCL

Tomasz CEDRO tomek at cedro.info
Sat Jan 5 03:04:50 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 1:09 AM Greg V <greg at unrelenting.technology> wrote:
> If you're booting with UEFI, you should set  hw.syscons.disable=1  in
> loader.conf.
> (And of course load from rc.conf, modern kms-drm drivers have never
> been loadable from the bootloader.)
>
> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/DEPRECATED-freebsd-base-graphics/issues/170
>
> It's very usable, I'm running a Wayland compositor (Weston), with VAAPI
> and Vulkan and whatnot :)

UEFI.. AND THAT HELPED!! THANK YOU!! Now I have fully working AMDGPU
desktop :-) :-)

How can I make OpenCL operational? Where does the kernel error message
comes from? :-)

Device 0: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.23.0, 12.0-RELEASE, LLVM 6.0.1)
OpenCL error (UNKNOWN OPENCL ERROR) in file (common-opencl.c) at line
(1782) - (Source kernel not found!)

ps/2: I have just bought new Dell U2515H monitor, beautiful picture,
but it does not seem to support various standard resolutions, so it
gets blank and requires its native resolution, not cool, I had to
switch to old display, I really love that new hardwares ;-)