DRM removal soon

Doug Kirk dbkirk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:54:08 UTC 2019

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 3:07 PM Steve Kargl <
sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> Seems our experiences are exact opposites.  :(
>
> I suppose it is the bane of those of who cannot afford
> new hardware every 2 or 3 years.

Hmm, because amd64 has only been available for the last 2 or 3 years? It
was added to FreeBSD as experimental in 5.1-RELEASE (June 2003) and
standard in 5.2-RELEASE (January 2004).

Jeff Atwood commented on desktop adoption of x86-64 in 2007 here:
https://blog.codinghorror.com/is-it-time-for-64-bit-on-the-desktop/ , and
it even mentions that graphics cards don't like 32-bit limits.

If you bought an x86-32 system within the last 2-3 years, why is that
anybody else's fault that your graphics-based computer was obsolete when
you bought it?

Please stop whining on the mailing list, you're just adding noise by
setting up straw-man arguments.