more drm-fbsd-12.0 trouble

Gerrit Kühn gerrit.kuehn at aei.mpg.de
Thu Dec 12 16:00:16 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I have a laptop with pretty much the same issue that was already described
here after updating from working 12.0 to 12.1: As soon as the i915kms
module is loaded, the system reboots.
From all the messages here I got that deinstalling the binary package and
recompiling drm-kmod and drm-fbsd12.0-kmod from ports should fix this
issue. Well, recompilation and installation worked just fine, but I cannot
get the resulting modules to load. Instead, when trying to load, I get

---
Dec 12 16:41:42 beastie kernel: KLD drm.ko: depends on linuxkpi - not
available or version mismatch
Dec 12 16:41:42 beastie kernel: linker_load_file: /boot/modules/drm.ko -
unsupported file type
Dec 12 16:41:42 beastie kernel: KLD i915kms.ko: depends on drmn - not
available or version mismatch
Dec 12 16:41:42 beastie kernel: linker_load_file: /boot/modules/i915kms.ko
- unsupported file type
---

Any idea what's going wrong here and how to fix it?

cu
  Gerrit