HDMI display autodetect

Johannes Lundberg johalun at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 3 17:12:53 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-03 01:58, Alexandr Krivulya wrote:
> Hi!
> When I attach external display over HDMI port on running system it is
> not recognized (ThinkPad T470p with CURRENT,
> drm-current-kmod,xf86-video-intel). xrandr do not reflect any chnages.
> As workaround I need to reboot  or suspend-resume my system.

Hi

Does it behave the same with the modesetting X driver? (uninstall
xf86-video-intel or set Driver = "modesetting" in xorg.conf's device
section and restart X or reboot)

If so, does it behave the same with drm-devel-kmod instead of
drm-current-kmod?

You can also see if the kernel driver registers any status status,
reports error, etc by increase logging

sudo sysctl dev.drm.drm_debug=-1

(very verbose so you'd wanna switch this off when done)

Check with dmesg for any output when connecting/disconnecting the HDMI
cable.