drm-current-kmod-4.16.g20190424 hangs

Niclas Zeising zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se
Tue Apr 30 13:15:45 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-30 14:29, Jakob Alvermark wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I updated my src to r346958 and tried applying the patch:
>
> C         sys/compat/linuxkpi/common/src/linux_pci.c
>  >         applied hunk @@ -565,10 +565,8 @@ with offset -7
>  >         applied hunk @@ -607,14 +591,9 @@ with offset -6 and fuzz 2
>  >         rejected hunk @@ -580,25 +578,11 @@
>  >         rejected hunk @@ -629,7 +608,7 @@
> Summary of conflicts:
>    Text conflicts: 1
>
> Tried building anyway but it fails.
>

> The "GPU HANG" seems very random, yesterday the machine ran (with Xorg
> and apps running) for almost 12 hour until rebooted for other reasons.
>
> Today it hung twice within minutes of starting Xorg.

Sigh, someone went ahead and made further changes to lkpi while we're
debugging this.  Talk about trying to chase a moving target.
Can you try to back up to r346955 and apply the patch and try again?
I've already gotten one report about this resolving the hang but causing
graphics glitches instead.

Thanks!
Regards
--