Working AMD VEGA 56 based graphics card

Andreas Drewke andreas at drewke.net
Tue Apr 23 09:36:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am the author of a 3D engine and am currently working on a game title.
I use FreeBSD as main operating system for that.

Please see here if interested: https://github.com/andreasdr/tdme2

I started with a NVIDIA 1060 graphics card using the binary driver from
NVIDIA. This worked great but did not include a working vulkan API.

So I bought a AMD VEGA 56 based graphics card for that. A nice side
effect is that I can use now a open source graphics driver (amdgpu).

I can confirm that hardware accelerated OpenGL and Vulkan does work with
FreeBSD using AMDGPU. (My Vulkan renderer is not complete yet, but shows
content as expected in comparision to NVIDIA on XUbuntu)

Please see attached the required text files.

I am writing this because I was hinted to do so in #freebsd IRC channel.
If you want me to do some further tests just tell me.

Best regards
Andreas

Please see attached configuration and log files and
such:https://pastebin.com/pBmSwQBW <https://pastebin.com/pBmSwQBW>