is 4k desktop possible on freebsd-12?

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Thu Oct 11 08:57:52 UTC 2018

On 10/10/2018 15:24, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> You need check HDMI 2.0 available on video card and monitor.
> For HDMI 1.4 you need check of support both card and monitor support 4K at 24.

Yes, the card, cable and monitor are all capable of 4k at 30fps. The cable
and monitor were tested by connecting a laptop running linux mint. This
gave a 4k display @ 30fps. So for some reason, the card (AMD RX580)
isn't sending 4k.

Is there a resource explaining how/can anyone tell me how to make the
card send 4k? The xorg section of the handbook unfortunately hasn't been
much help.

thanks,
--
J.