drm-legacy-kmod-g20181031_1 on 13-current

Niclas Zeising zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se
Mon Nov 19 20:20:50 UTC 2018

On 11/19/18 5:06 PM, AN wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I would like to thank everyone who helps to provide a modern graphics
> stack on FreeBSD.  I have the following setup and am having some issues
> with screen tearing/artifacts mostly in mate-terminal windows.  I tried
> the suggestion at https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/FAQ 2.3.1. AMD GPU,
> however it did not work for me as X failed to start, maybe I missed
> something.
>
> Below is relevent info, if more is needed please let me know.

Hi!
I believe you can use graphics/drm-kmod to get an appropriate kernel
driver for this GPU.  Please follow the instructions posted after the
installation wrt. loading the module and so on.

When using drm-legacy-kmod you generally need to use
xf86-video-ati-legacy with ATI/AMD graphics cards.

Regards
--
Niclas