ports head -r487783: on armv7 x11/pixman fails to build: /usr/bin/ld: error: can't create dynamic relocation R_ARM_V4BX against local symbol in readonly segment; recompile object files with -fPIC

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 16 02:15:57 UTC 2018

Mark Millard via freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11 at freebsd.org> writes:

> [Added: The original cross-build via poudriere-devel and qemu-user-static
> did not get this problem. I give details later. Sumamry: Looks like -O2
> was used for the cross build and -O was used for armv7 native. The
> difference is likely(?) from my materials but not supporting both ways of
> building is likely a problem with the port(?).]

x11/pixman builds fine on armv7 even with -O. Tested both Clang/LLD 6.0
and 7.0 after forcing MACHINE_CPUARCH=arm on command line.