your mail

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:47:52 UTC 2018

On 22 February 2017 at 14:46, Matthew Rezny <rezny at freebsd.org> wrote:

> It has been my intent to upstream as much as possible, but I was trying to get
> us caught up to current before doing so.

Any idea what happened to this?

Earlier I joined the #freebsd-xorg channel, yet it seems fairly inactive.
Repeating some of my questions here, hope anyone can shed some light:

 - How does FreeBSD handle loading of kernel DRM/GPU modules?
Is there a daemon of sorts, manually or via hacking the graphics stack
- Xorg/xf86-video*/etc

 - ^^ creating /dev nodes

 - How capable is your sysfs compat? Or more importantly how frowned
upon it is to use it on FreeBSD?

And an extra one:
- How does one contribute patches to (say the graphics - libdrm/mesa/etc) ports?
Is there some instructions and CI there I can throw some patches at?

Thanks!
Emil