current state of Intel support

Johannes Lundberg johalun0 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:23:26 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 9:01 AM, Zane C. B-H. <vvelox at vvelox.net> wrote:

> I am curious, where are we at on 11 stable when it comes to support for
> newer Intel chipsets? Just wondering how usable X is when it comes to
> x5-Z8350 Cherry trail or the like.

Hi

I've been running 12-CURRENT with drm 4.9 successfully on Cherry Trail but
that was a while ago. Currently all my Atom boards are on a different
continent so I haven't been able to do any testing lately with the
backported drm code to 11-stable.
It should work fine but if there's any issues you can always run with the
scfb driver for now. The Z8350 is fast so it can handle software rendering
quite good.