No devices detected when running startx

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Mar 14 22:04:56 UTC 2018

On 03/14/2018 14:59, Bob Willcox wrote:
> Hmm, I did notice this in my Xorg.0.log:
>
>   (EE) intel(0): Failed to submit rendering commands (Bad address), disabling acceleration.
>
> Should I be worried? Looks like I may not be running with GPU acceleration enabled.

I think i remember you mentioning you had a custom Xorg config earlier
in this thread.  If you do have you tested moving that out of the way
and starting Xorg so that it can autodetect devices and drivers?  In my
experience this actually works pretty great and will load the
"modesetting" graphics driver which works well with the i915kms driver.

you should also ensure your user is in the "video" group - although from
this error it looks like that is not the issue.

cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright