Radeon HD 4250: screen going blank every few seconds

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Dec 31 13:56:30 UTC 2018

On 12/31/18 8:08 AM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> I think I did it right, since "hw_i2c forced on, you may experience
> display detection problems!" is gone from Xorg.log.
> However, it didn't help with the screen going blank.

Sorry, I was too fast about this, as I had misspelled the line in
/boot/loader.conf.

When correctly written, the machine boots, but as soon as the kmod is
loaded:
_ if the screen is connected via VGA connector, everything is fine (but
this is also true without this setting);
_ if the screen is connected via HDMI, it goes blank for good (can't
interact with the system anymore and have to reboot);
_ if the screen is connected via DVI, resolution goes to 1024x768 and
that's the maximum available even after X11 is started.

So, this is a no go.

  bye & Thanks
	av.