xserver - black screen

starikarp at yandex.com starikarp at yandex.com
Thu Dec 27 15:16:29 UTC 2018

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 16:21:43 +0300
Greg V <greg at unrelenting.technology> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 2:54 PM, starikarp at yandex.com wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 11:22:46 -0800
> > Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:
> >

> >>  hopefully there will more useful info in the dmesg buffer when you
> >>  load the radeonkms driver vi rc.conf.  one final thing you can
> >> also try is uninstalling the drm-kmod package and installing the
> >>  "drm-legacy-kmod" package if you haven't tested that already.
> >>
> >>  cheers,
> >>  -pete
> >>

> > Today I start again kldload radeonkms.ko.
> > I have installed drm-kmod legacy and ATI drivers legacy too and put
> > in /etc/rc.conf kld_list="/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko"
> > and shutdown computer and start again.
> > I attached file message.txt which start with the new settings.
> > Result was black screen but I did log as root and shutdown. About 10
> > minutes later I did star again without kld_list in rc.conf and you
> > can see in the message.txt also.
>
> Looks like you're booting with UEFI, try disabling the EFI
> framebuffer with hw.syscons.disable=1 ?
>
> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/DEPRECATED-freebsd-base-graphics/issues/170
>
> (try with the non-legacy radeonkms too)

I did try once and computer freeze and just power button help. And I am
booting from iMac and do not have OS X installed just FreeBSD. And when
I installed FreeBSD I lef auto partition and now I have:

 gpart show
=>       40  976773088  ada0  GPT  (466G)
         40     409600     1  efi  (200M)
     409640  968474624     2  freebsd-ufs  (462G)
  968884264    7888864     3  freebsd-swap  (3.8G)

Thank you.