drm2 deprecation in base: problems with gpu-firmware-kmod port

Niclas Zeising zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se
Wed Aug 29 12:32:04 UTC 2018

On 08/29/18 14:40, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 02:06:34PM +0200, Niclas Zeising wrote:
>> On 08/29/18 14:25, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
>>>    -radeonkmsfw_RV710_pfp: could not load firmware image, error 2
>>>    +radeonkmsfw_RV710_pfp: firmware image loaded, but did not register
>>
>> Just for clarification, is that a change in the message (with the + and
>> - as in diff) or the entire message?
>
> It's a diff :) sorry for not mentioning; I've omitted some other nearby
> changes which are due to [drm:pid????] being different.
>
>> I have to look into this a bit more.

This is quite strange.  Did you install the firmware port from ports, or
did you build it yourself?

Looking at the actual firmware files (the uuencoded binary blobs) they
are the same (same sha256 sum) in both the source for the
gpu-firmware-kmod package and from what's in current.  It might be that
they are built slightly differnt though, I guess.
Regards
--
Niclas