Clarification on moving to drm-stable-kmod on 11.2

Greg V greg at unrelenting.technology
Sat Aug 11 20:44:45 UTC 2018

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 9:58 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman at gmail.com>
wrote:
> A while ago I moved to running drm-stable-kmod on my 11.2 system and
> have
> not had any issues, but I am unclear on what, if ny changes are
> appropriate
> in my loader.conf. I just noticed that the "old" kernel module is
> atill
> being loaded and I think that is wrong.
>
> My loader.conf contains:
> drm.i915.enable_rc6=7
> # Enable semaphores
> drm.i915.semaphores=1
> Are these appropriate to drm-stable-kmod? If so, is loader.conf the
> proper
> place for them?

Hi,

These don't work with drm-*-kmod, the new names are:
compat.linuxkpi.enable_rc6, compat.linuxkpi.semaphores, etc.

And yeah, loader.conf is of course the right place.

You can run 'sysctl -a | grep enable_rc6' — if you see drm.i915,
you're on the old module, if you see compat.linuxkpi, you're on the new
one.