Synaptics Issues

abi abi at abinet.ru
Sun Sep 3 18:51:07 UTC 2017

03.09.2017 19:49, Pete Wright пишет:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a laptop from System76 that has a synaptics touchpad.  I was
> wondering how synaptics has been working on other platforms. I'm
> running into issues with my touchpad which require me to either
> restart or disable the device altogether.  I'm running
> CURRENT/drm-next - but suspect this may happen on other releases as well.
>
> symptoms:
>
> - boot system without enabling synaptics via loader.conf.  moused
> detects psm device, xorg picks up device and treats it as a sysmouse.
> not advanced features work (palm detection for example) - but mouse
> mostly works.  periodically the mouse will start jumping randomly on
> display and i'll have to disable the mouse device and/or restart
> computer to regain full control.
>

> - boot system enabling synaptics via loader.conf.  xorg detects mouse
> and loads the synaptics xorg driver.  advanced features mostly work -
> but after a short amount of time (several hours) mouse becomes much
> more erratic than scenario above.  a system restart is required to
> regain control of mouse.
>

> i've done a bunch of testing of passing synaptic Xorg params that I
> got from a working ubuntu install, but that has not helped.  i'm kind
> of at a loss at this point though, is the issue with Xorg or with
> FreeBSD's synaptics kernel implementation?  any pointers for debugging
> would be really appreciated!
>

> -pete

Well, synaptics is not working for me at all (Dell XPS 13 Skylake). It
loads, but produces a lot of spam in xorg log, mouse jumping randomly.
It works as sysmouse. So, I think yes, Xorg or FreeBSD has something
fishy with synaptics. Personally, I'm waiting for evdev or libinput
support, so I disabled touchpad.