Iris Pro P6300 intel X11 driver (was Re: intro)

Tom Rushworth tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 17:17:43 UTC 2017

Hi All,

On 22/10/2017 23:17, Scott Bennett wrote:
> Tom Rushworth <tom.b.rushworth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Before I get to the real content, a list etiquette question - should I
>> top/interleave/bottom post, and should I trim?  Does the list care?
>
>      Editing in line is the norm,

Right, that's my preference anyways,

[snip]

>> Suggestion 2 - try TrueOS
>
>      TrueOS *is* FreeBSD 12 (at the moment) at its heart.

Yes, absolutely, but the configuration is much more complete than a
plain FreeBSD-12 install with the desktop added piecemeal by pkg.

[snip]

>> So now I either have to learn to like TrueOS and Lumina, or figure out
>> where my source version or configuration is wrong for the FreeBSD-12
>> setup :).  I'm probably going to do a bit of both.
>
>      Or you can just install the window manager of your preference, and
> use that.  I haven't yet used TrueOS, but the times I've installed and used
> PC-BSD (the predecessor to TrueOS) I always installed my usual choice
> (WindowMaker) and proceeded happily on.  Lumina will still be there if you
> need to use it.  The only nuisance is that some of the special TrueOS
> graphical applications may work better with Lumina, just as the earlier ones
> did with KDE, which was the PC-BSD standard before Ken Moore wrote Lumina
> for PC-BSD.

I will probably try that, but I still have to learn a bit of the TrueOS
setup (e.g. sysadm) so I can at least start fixing things when I break
them :).

[snip]

Regards,

--