Fix to support vmmouse auto-detection in x11-servers/xorg-server

Jan Beich jbeich at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 19 09:51:50 UTC 2017

Thomas Hellstrom <thellstrom at vmware.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Attached is a modified patch to the FreeBSD x11-servers/xorg servers
> port to support vmmouse auto-detection which has been broken at least
> since 10.3 I've used the 11.1 ports tree as a base.

ENOENT. Did you forget attach the file or used MIME type other than text/plain?

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2017-October/020008.html

> I'm not sure this is the right way to submit improvements. Please let
> me know otherwise.

Better file a bug, so it won't get lost and won't be stripped by mailman.

> BTW is there a chance to get the devd backend into xorg git?

Unlikely before bug 196678 lands but I'm not the maintainer.