Current State of drm-next?

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Tue Oct 3 20:00:08 UTC 2017

This may have been beaten to death, and I apologize if so, but what is the
current state of the drm-next changes? I have a system that I use for work
every day that is running an Intel Broadwell CPU and using the internal GPU.
Currently I am using the freebsd-base-graphics source (git cloned) from Jun
13th, but am quite anxious to be able to go back to running current from head.

So, what is the current state of the changes and/or prognosis of when it will
be sufficient to get support for the Broadwell GPU simply by running current?

I've read a bunch of stuff about this, but I'm not sufficiently confident in
my understanding or what I've read to risk breaking my critical workstation.

Thanks for any pointers or info on this,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | Lawsuit, n.: A machine which you go into as a pig and
bob at immure.com |    come out as a sausage.