Intel Kaby Lake Support

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Sun May 7 18:08:01 UTC 2017

On 05/07/2017 05:26, Mylan Connolly wrote:
> So far this is not working and I haven't looked into it yet. I plan to
> soon, however

setting to S3 power states broke for me due to an upstream change
recently on Kabylake.  That last working rev of drm-next on my end is:
390597ec789

I've been going through commits since then trying to figure out what
specifically broke but haven't made much progress. there is a thread on
freebsd-current@ where another user is running into this issue as well.
on my end the following sysctl knob allows me to suspend on rev 390597ec789

hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S3

as a said tho - this is currently broken on revisions after that commit.

while you are in there setting sysctls, another knob i'd suggest setting
is this:
dev.drm.skip_ddb=1

this will increase the chances of you entering gdb if a panic happens
allowing you to dump a core file and assist with debugging should the
need arise.

cheers,
-pete

--