Status of Intel Broadwell GPU Support??

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Mar 23 15:01:21 UTC 2017

On 03/23/17 00:38, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics
>> and used freebsd-base-graphics for both buildword and buildkernel. I'm not too
>> clear on just what that means for any future updates, though. I have been
>> hoping for the past year or more that the patches/changes included in
>> freebsd-base-graphics would get integrated into the base. I really don't know
>> if that's happened or planned to be done. Been kinda frustrating.
>
>> Bob
> I look further and see that you need a slightly different ports tree:
>
> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports-graphics.git
>
> but I think you need to put -b xserver-next at the end of the git command (and git at the beginning).
>
> Then such a FreeBSD installation would have to be separate from an installation that uses regular src tree and ports tree, lest the ABI and shared libraries be out of sync.

Hrm, I think the wiki is out of date, or unclear, in regards to the
separate ports tree.  As of the latest Xorg updates which brought us up
to v1.18 this is not necessarily needed. i am running drm-next
kernel+world and installing all packages off of the freebsd.org pkg
repository with success.  this ports tree should still work, but is no
longer a hard requirement - i'll block out some time to update the wiki
today.

-pete

--
Pete Wright