Status of Intel Broadwell GPU Support??

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Wed Mar 22 12:50:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 09:02:27AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Hooray!! My system is up and running the FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics version!
>
> > The download, build, & install was mostly uneventful. Thanks again for your help!
>
> > Bob
>
> > Bob Willcox
>
> Did you use freebsd-base-graphics for buildworld and buildkernel, or did you use the normal /usr/src for buildworld and freebsd-base-graphics for the kernel?
>

> Tom

I followed the instructions here:

https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics

and used freebsd-base-graphics for both buildword and buildkernel. I'm not too
clear on just what that means for any future updates, though. I have been
hoping for the past year or more that the patches/changes included in
freebsd-base-graphics would get integrated into the base. I really don't know
if that's happened or planned to be done. Been kinda frustrating.

Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | You're dead, Jim.
bob at immure.com |       -- McCoy, "The Tholian Web", stardate unknown