No heads up for X.org config changes?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Jun 6 16:43:37 UTC 2017

On 06/06/2017 05:23, David Chisnall wrote:
> Hello x11 ports folk,
>
> I updated X.org to the latest version at the weekend (actually, a week or two ago, but I didn’t restart it until then) and discovered that X would no longer start.  The fix appeared to be quite simple in the end - I had to replace ‘radeon’ in my driver line for my device section in xorg.conf with ‘modesetting’.  Apparently I probably also want Option     "AccelMethod"        “glamor” to enable 2D acceleration and need to add Load  “glamoregl” to my modules section.

what was the error you were getting that indicated the radeon driver no
longer works (out of curiosity)?

the modesetting driver is intended to work closely with DRM, but I
believe you can still use the radeon driver if you have DRM working on
your system (I interchange the intel and modesetting driver pretty
frequently for example).  also - I'm guessing this is on 11-CURRENT?

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org