where has the binary xserver-next pkg repository from bsddesktop.com moved to?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Jul 10 16:30:03 UTC 2017

On 07/10/2017 08:15, Mathias Picker wrote:
> I just installed drm-next world and kernel on a new skylake laptop.
>
> Now I would like to try out X according to the docs at [1], but the
> binary pkg repo at bsddesktop.com no longer exist.
>
> Is there a new place for this? Building ports would probably take the
> night, and I would love to test soon.

Hi Mathias,
I have updated the wiki to reflect that you can now use the default
12-CURRENT upstream pkg repository with the drm-next system.  After
recent upgrades to Xorg and other libraries everything pretty much "just
works".  On my systems, I do not even require an xorg.conf and things
work great.  This config defaults to the "modesetting" xorg driver,
which is where most of the upstream dev effort is happening.  You can
still install the xf86-video-intel driver as well, I test both drivers
on my end and they both seem reasonably stable for daily use.

Cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright