CFT upgrade to xorg 1.18.4 and newer intel/ati DDX

Matthieu Volat mazhe at alkumuna.eu
Tue Jan 24 19:26:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 11:12:56 -0800
Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> On 01/24/2017 00:55, Matthieu Volat wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:55:16 +0100
> > Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> This is a call for testing for newer Xorg along with newer drivers: intel and
> >> ati.
> >>
> >> The patch against the head ports: https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/newxorg.diff
> >>
> >> Note that you would need to rebuild all the xf86-* packages to work with that
> >> newer xorg (hence the bump of the revision)
> >>
> >> Do not expect newer gpu supported as this is not the kernel part.
> >>
> >> If you experience any issue with intel or radeon driver please try to use the
> >> new modesetting driver provided by xorg directly (note that fedora and debian
> >> recommands to use that new driver instead of the ati/intel one)
> >>
> >> To use that driver:
> >>
> >> cat /usr/local/etc/xorg.conf.d/modesetting.conf
> >> Section "Device"
> >>      Identifier "Card0"
> >>      Driver "modesetting"
> >> EndSection
> >>
> >> You need to first load the kms driver eiter via loader.conf or manually via
> >> kldload
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Bapt of behalf of the X11 team
> > Looks good with x11/nvidia driver!
>
> Hi Matthieu - did you run into any issues building components from
> x11-drivers?  specifically i'm running into this error when attempting
> to build x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa (among
> others):
>
> from vesa build log:
> <snip>
> checking if DPMSExtension is defined... yes
> checking for XORG... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.6 xproto
> fontsproto  randrproto renderproto xextproto) were not met:
>
> Package dri3proto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dri3proto.pc'
> Package 'dri3proto', required by 'xorg-server', not found
>

> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> </snip>
>
> It's odd because xorg-server built fine as did dri3proto - so I'm not
> sure why its not being picked up by poudriere when i attempt to build
> these packages.
>
> Cheers!
> -pete

Hmm, I did not have the issue when I rebuilt ports, but you're right: it seems that dri3proto should be added to ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.xorg.mk line 61 USE_XORG flags...

I think I missed the problem since xorg-server must have brought the dependancy that was not removed from my system until I ran "pkg autoremove".

-- Matthieu Volat