CFT upgrade to xorg 1.18.4 and newer intel/ati DDX

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 24 09:42:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 09:55:55AM +0100, Matthieu Volat wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 00:55:16 +0100
> Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is a call for testing for newer Xorg along with newer drivers: intel and
> > ati.
> >
> > The patch against the head ports: https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/newxorg.diff
> >
> > Note that you would need to rebuild all the xf86-* packages to work with that
> > newer xorg (hence the bump of the revision)
> >
> > Do not expect newer gpu supported as this is not the kernel part.
> >
> > If you experience any issue with intel or radeon driver please try to use the
> > new modesetting driver provided by xorg directly (note that fedora and debian
> > recommands to use that new driver instead of the ati/intel one)
> >
> > To use that driver:
> >
> > cat /usr/local/etc/xorg.conf.d/modesetting.conf
> > Section "Device"
> >     Identifier "Card0"
> >     Driver "modesetting"
> > EndSection
> >
> > You need to first load the kms driver eiter via loader.conf or manually via
> > kldload
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bapt of behalf of the X11 team
>
> Looks good with x11/nvidia driver!
>
> In related matters, I noticed that parts of the stack (libclc) require/use llvm 3.9 while the main body (mesa related ports) still use llvm 3.7. I cherry picked very few changes from mesa 12.0 and 13.0 and was able to build graphics/libEGL and graphics/dri with llvm 3.9 too:
>
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/mazhe/e094ac71ae25d40d46fd49510311204e/raw/aca8404c14693a3779d618c3c920a97a7fb620fb/ports_mesa_llvm39.diff
>
> As a nvidia driver user, I guess most of mesa is shortcutted in my config, but maybe that would be of interest to other people?

An update of mesa will come just after. just want to go step by step

I already have a diff which goes to 3.9 and upgrade to 13.0

but step by step, first xorg.

Thanks for the report and testing with nvidia

Best regards,
Bapt