ATI, libdrm, gnome

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 15 11:14:41 UTC 2017

On 15/01/2017 00:42, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> If you know how to use svn and are actually using svn for the ports tree can you
> try reverting the radeon upgrade (only that) (same with git :))?

I can confirm a similar kind of problem with KDE 4 after upgrading to the latest
packages.  I downgraded xf86-video-ati to the previous version that I had
(7.5.0) and the problem is gone.

More details.  I see the KDM login screen, I can log in, I see the KDE splash
screen and its gets updated with the startup progress.  But in the end the
splash stays on and I never see the actual desktop.  I can verify with ps that
all programs that should start are running and I do not see anything unusual in
their state.  So, it feels like the screen is just not being updated after a
certain stage.

--
Andriy Gapon