your mail

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:36:40 UTC 2017

On 22 February 2017 at 12:08, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 12:00:58PM +0000, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> Hi gents,
>>

>> My name is Emil Velikov and for a while I've been taking care of
>> libdrm and Mesa.
>>
>> I can see that there is some activity on the above in FreeBSD so I'll
>> kindly ask that you send [every and any] changes upstream ;-)
>> Please try to keep different [logical] changes into separate patches
>> and git send-email them to the mailing lists [1] [2].
>>
>> This includes [but not limited to] the prefix fix for drirc, \< and
>> shebang workarounds in [3]. But also covers `sed s|x86_64|amd64|'
>> "GNU_CONFIGURE = yes" and various USES [gmake, bison, python etc.]
>>
>> In a gist, things should just work:
>>  - no need for gnumake - any POSIX make should work
>>  - flex/bison/python/etc are not needed when building from tarballs
>>
>> If you need to patch and/or add _any_ workaround in your Makefile,
>> please file a bug and let us/me know.
>>

>> Finally, I would like to invite you (maybe subscribe x11 at FreeBSD.org
>> ?) to the [4] list.
>> It's very low volume and covers topics for maintainers' eyes. Most
>> recent of which "pthread-stubs design is broken" [5].
>
> First thank you for contacting us.
> Yes upstreaming as always been the plan. We still have to first make up our mind
> on how we deal with the libudev dependency either through our home baked
> equivalent or via a heavily modified libudev

With Mesa 13.0.0 the triple libudev/sysfs/libdrm codepaths were
merged. I've pulled a helper to libdrm to deal with that.
Personally I'd suggest keeping all the chaos in there.

For 17.0.0 we also removed the --with-sha1 'fun' heuristics. That and
more can be found on the mesa-maintainers@ ;-)

> In the meantime we can work on upstreaming all other parts :)

Yes, please.

Thanks
Emil