No subject

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:01:01 UTC 2017

Hi gents,

My name is Emil Velikov and for a while I've been taking care of
libdrm and Mesa.

I can see that there is some activity on the above in FreeBSD so I'll
kindly ask that you send [every and any] changes upstream ;-)
Please try to keep different [logical] changes into separate patches
and git send-email them to the mailing lists [1] [2].

This includes [but not limited to] the prefix fix for drirc, \< and
shebang workarounds in [3]. But also covers `sed s|x86_64|amd64|'
"GNU_CONFIGURE = yes" and various USES [gmake, bison, python etc.]

In a gist, things should just work:
 - no need for gnumake - any POSIX make should work
 - flex/bison/python/etc are not needed when building from tarballs

If you need to patch and/or add _any_ workaround in your Makefile,
please file a bug and let us/me know.

Finally, I would like to invite you (maybe subscribe x11 at FreeBSD.org
?) to the [4] list.
It's very low volume and covers topics for maintainers' eyes. Most
recent of which "pthread-stubs design is broken" [5].

Regards,
Emil

[3] https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/blob/master/graphics/libGL/Makefile.targets