fwd: radeon GL woes

Sid sid at bsdmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:52:51 UTC 2017

>So I've run into the radeon problem on xorg upgrade, running
>mpv gives the
>libGL error: Version 7 or imageFromFds image extension not found
>libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
>error.

Hi, I've also had this problem.
my ~/.xsession-errors file gives
  libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
  libGL error: image driver extension not found
  libGL error: failed to load driver: radeon
  libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
  libGL error: failed to load driver: r600

This error only shows when I have a libGL package on my system. It is one of, dbus-glib-0.104, glib-2.46.2_4, libglapi-13.0.4, libglesv2-13.0.4_1,or another GL package.

Another program that needs libGL doesn't work. It didn't have to do with the /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory , or anything installed, except for GL programs. It's a bug that hasn't been reported.