xser 1.84 doesn't start

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:38:42 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 06:28:21AM -0500, Stari Karp wrote:
> I did update to 1.18.4 on FreeBSD 11-RELEASE (amd64) and now it doesn't start anymore.
> My graphics card:
> vendor='Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
> device="RV770/MP8L
> [Mobility Radeon HD 4850}'
>
> My system is FreeBSD 11-RELEASE (amd64) installed on iMac and it works from version 7 and desktop from 10. I didn't have any problem with previous versions of xorg-server.
>
> And my xorg.log:
>
> http://pastebin.com/PQ16aF25
>
> I am using Synth and I have the previous version packages of Xorg saved. Should I downgrade the xserver with the old packages or should I use portdowngrade or is something which I should do to star working again.
> Thank you.

You have both llvm 3.4 and 3.9 installed.  glx extension module dlopens
libLLVM by some shortcut name, while dri depends on 3.9 libs.  Then, at
runtime, symbols from incompatible libraries are mixed and cause breakage.

Do you need 3.4 for anything ?  If not, deinstall it and try starting X
server again.