problem upgrading libX11

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Feb 3 02:04:44 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 05:07:58PM -0800 I heard the voice of
Kevin Oberman, and lo! it spake thus:
> > Gestur A Grjetarsson skrev:
> > > [root at mex ~]# portupgrade libX11
>
> What I find troubling is that  portupgrade failed to do this
> automatically.  I use portmaster these days, but I seem to recall
> that portupgrade also did the job.

It does if you use -r.  If you don't, it doesn't act on anything but
what you told it to.

(this would be among the reasons I for one use portupgrade as my
default tool, with portmaster for special situations, rather than vice
versa   :)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net