Switching branches of freebsd-base-graphics with git

Thomas Mueller mueller6722 at twc.com
Sun Apr 23 22:45:29 UTC 2017

> Hi,

> I use the regular ports tree, except for the xf86-video-intel driver from
> the freebsd-ports-graphics tree.

>-HPS

> I also use regular ports tree, but with xf86-video-modesetting driver,
> which seems more stable and renders firefox a lot quicker on my machine.

> Best regards
> Andreas

It looked like xf86-video-intel was newer in regular ports tree than in freebsd-ports-graphics, browsing Github in the case of freebsd-ports-graphics.

I also saw no xf86-video-modesetting driver in either regular ports tree or freebsd-ports-graphics.

But I saw xf86-video-modesetting in NetBSD pkgsrc in category x11.

Tom