gfx-next update: drm-4.8-rc2 tagged in drm-next

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 29 13:03:36 UTC 2016

> And LATEST patches already used in production. But for FreeBSD CURRENT
> this patches so buggy? Continue to eat shit.

First, messages like this, personal attacks, etc. are not acceptable
on FreeBSD mailing lists.

Second, mmacy's work in these git branches is being done in order to
benefit FreeBSD. We set a high bar for backwards compatibility and
avoiding regressions, and with those concerns we're not quite ready to
bring the changes into FreeBSD. There are ongoing, regular discussions
between the FreeBSD developers who work on the graphics stack and
mmacy to coordinate the effort to get this work into FreeBSD proper.

Publicly available work in progress that's intended to land in FreeBSD
is an appropriate topic on FreeBSD mailing lists.

-Ed, on behalf of core@