Nvidia drivers screen brightness and back light

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Thu Sep 29 08:59:04 UTC 2016

blubee blubeeme <gurenchan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just tried "xset dpms force standby" the screen goes black for about 1
> second and then it's back on.
>
> Here is a dmesg pastebinit : http://paste2.org/HhzBYG6H

     Google doesn't allow anonymous viewing of paste* servers via tor exits.

> so that doesn't work with this hardware. Any other options?

     If xscreensaver works for you, you could try that out.  On this machine
I recently switched to, xscreensaver hits a bug and dies when it activates.
(I whined about that on this list the other night.)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *