Wierd streaks on the desktop : Is there and issue with, the Radeon driver ?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:43:06 UTC 2016

On 10/27/16 17:30, freebsd-x11-request at freebsd.org wrote:
> The AMD A6-6400K has a TeraScale 3 (VLIW4) GPU, NOT a GCN GPU (Southern
> Islands) as Oland is.
> HD 8470D is just a marketing name.

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Is it possible that Radeon HD 8470D will work 100% under FreeBSD in the
coming days ? (My box is FreeBSD 11.0 Release)

If it is not likely, I'll keep it in mind to purchase a separate
graphics card as a long-term solution. The problem with that is there
seems to be no card on the FreeBSD list currently available at
Amazon/Flipkart. The Sapphire AMD/ATI R5 230 2 GB DDR3 card seems like a
good fit for my motherboard, but I have no idea whether FreeBSD supports
that family.

Regards
Manish Jain