Lumina Desktop

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 12:54:21 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 10:53:37 +0000
Grzegorz Junka <list1 at gjunka.com> wrote:

> > Try putting just start-lumina-desktop in your .xinitrc.  Logically,
> > that should automatically start every necessary component, including
> > fluxbox.
> >

> That worked, thanks!  I didn't know I should put
> start-lumina-desktop instead of just lumina-desktop.
>
> BTW would you know where should I put "setxkbmap pl" so that it
> runs when Lumina starts?  For now I have it in .cshrc, so I
> have to start the terminal for it to work.

Just put it in .xinitrc before start-lumina-desktop.  xinit treats
.xinitrc as a shell script, so anything you can run using /bin/sh
can be put into .xinitrc, as long as it's in your PATH.

However, if setxkbmap doesn't automatically exit, you'll have to
run it in the background.  See xinit(1) for details.

--
Gary Jennejohn