FreeBSD with Iris Graphics 540 possible?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Nov 7 19:08:37 UTC 2016

> Unfortunately I hastened to say that everything is working. With
> latest drm driver my desktop constantly and randomly panics.
> Sometimes FreeBSD panics at startup WM ( fluxbox or KDE4 - not matter,
> panic with both ).
>
> The most frequent hang when I run any application ( konsole, psi,
> xterm, firefox ).
>
> I can get backtrace - although i have swap (ZVOL-based, auto partition
> from bsdinstall ) partition and dumpdev="AUTO:
>
> % dumpon -l
> ada0p3

hrm - i've had some mixed success actually capturing core's from the
drm-next codebase in the past.  one thing to verify is the section here:

https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/wiki/Testing-And-Debugging-Tips#reporting-problems

Specifically the section labeled "Common configuration issues:"  There
are couple sysctl knob's you can tune to help capture more info.

> FreeBSD does core file ( broken functionality ? ). So i can make
> copy&paste, alll what can I do - share poor (sorry) quality images:
>
> http://pasteboard.co/oslm9cmJj.jpg
> http://pasteboard.co/osmypTUwk.jpg
>
> All panics related to locks. I hope some of FreeBSD developers looks on this.

I'd submit a issue here describing what you are seeing and attaching
info from the core-dump if possible, or attaching the screen-shots if not:
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/issues

Cheers,
-pete

--