FreeBSD with Iris Graphics 540 possible?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Nov 3 21:04:42 UTC 2016

On 11/3/16 1:56 PM, Subbsd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've try to get graphics on FreeBSD 12-CURRENT amd64 r308087 with no luck.
> On Linux 16.04 all fine. This hardware too new for FreeBSD and still
> unsupported, or I can do something else to try ?

You'll be wanting to run the code in the drm-next-4.7 branch at this
repository:
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics
https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/wiki

This has support for newer i915 Intel GPU's and brings support inline
with the Linux-4.7 kernel.  I'm running this successfully Skylake
systems myself, and hopefully with more testing and exposure the code
can get merged successfully into the upstream tree soon'ish.

Cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright